frequently asked questions
- Do I have to register in order to play?
- No. You can sample the game by clicking
Enter as a guest in the menu at the right . But you’ll want to register soon so you can pick up the objects and rewards you find, change into better clothes, earn [daily] coins, plus many other benefits including saving your location, progress & possessions, and allowing your friends to recognize you by name. Sign-up is still one quick and free super-easy step!
- I often see
[Somebody] fades away. What does that mean?
- When people
fade away, it means that they’re no longer connected to the game. This could be because they lost their connection or closed their browser window, or were just idle for more than one hour.
- How many rooms/locations are there in the game?
- There are several dozen areas right now. Some are harder to find than others.
- Why does the game understand some words and not others?
- We have to take the time to program how the game will react to EACH and every word or command we can think of (apart form leveraging quite a few synonyms to speed up the process). When you’re really stuck, the best thing to do is consult the Commands page and check out the common available commands and their correct syntax. Of course there are countless unlisted ones for creative players to find. Just try out whatever you think of. The game now handles more than 1,400 verbs in total! Do you have an idea for a new or improved command?